Answered By: Bess Robinson Last Updated: Nov 15, 2018 Views: 81
You have 4 options for renewing books:
- Access your My Library Account (found on the left side of the Libraries' homepage).
- UM faculty, staff, and students enter UofM username and password on the left-hand form. All other users enter last name and barcode on the right-hand form.
- Renew by checking the boxes next to the items that you want to renew, and click "Renew All" or "Renew Selected" at the top or bottom of page.
- In person by bringing the books to the Circulation Check-Out Desk. Make sure you have your UofM ID with you.
- Over the phone by calling the Circulation Desk, (901) 678-2205. Make sure you have the books with you when you call.
- Email your renewal request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the titles and barcodes from the books.
You may renew items via the My Library Account portal twice. You may renew them in person as many times as you’d like as long as there are no recalls or special requests for the item(s).
Overdue items can't be renewed over the phone or via email. You can renew them yourself using your My Library Account, or you can bring them in and renew at the Check Out desk. If you renew overdue items using your My Library Account portal and the material is overdue, the fine will be automatically reflected on your library record.