Answered By: Cindi Nichols
Last Updated: Oct 18, 2016     Views: 43

The Center for Writing and Communication (CWC), located on the first floor of Ned R. McWherter Library

  • offers free, one-on-one consultations with a trained staff comprised of graduate students from the departments of English and Communication Studies.
  • offer students feedback on writing and speaking assignments at any stage in the process.
  • Students can schedule an appointment online or simply drop in when the CWC is open (Monday-Thursday, 9-5; Friday, 9-noon)
  • Telephone: 901-678-1694

also for writing help:

English Learning Center – part of the U of M Educational Support Program
225 Patterson / 901.678.2059
Monday - Thursday / 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
​Friday / 8:00 am - 12:00 pm (noon)

  • Tutoring for all kinds of writing! Bring any writing assignment for any discipline to the English Learning Center.
  • You can get help with research papers, writing assignments, essay exam preparation, and reading literature.
  • Be sure to bring your paper and assignment sheet with you. 
  • Computers provided at this location.


Other Ways to Contact Us

Access Problem      Email Us        Research Guides  
Text Us    Research Consultations    Call Us     FAQ

   University Libraries - The University of Memphis - Memphis, TN 38152 - 901-678-2205